Last updated: 28th May 2022
Barishal Airport, Barishal.
Brief History Of Barishal Airport.
Services Contact Development Schedule
In 1963-64 Plant protection department acquired 13.09 acres land to spray pesticides by aircraft and made an airstrip sized 1800'-0" x 60'-0". Later 1970-71 by the order from government The Department of Civil Aviation acquired more 85.46 acres land for the purpose of lunching an airport in the south but after the acquisition it was closed.
In 1990-91 the construction work of the airport was started. After completing the work of runway (2300'-0" x 100'-0") in July 1995, Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh was able to open a stall-port (current "Barishal Airport") for executing commercial aircraft. At present runway 6000'-0" x 100'-0" is available.
Aero Bengal Airlines started their flight on July, 1995 and then closed in May 1998. Biman Bangladesh Airlines started on November 1995 and then closed on August 1998. Again Started on April 2003 then closed on December 2006. In April, 2015 Biman Bangladesh Airlines again started to operate their flight. Parabat Airlines started on August, 1996 and then closed in July 2000. United Airlines started on September 2008 and then closed in May, 2009. Again Started on April, 2013 and closed on August 2014. US Bangla Airlines started their operation on July 2015. NOVOAIR Airlines started on April, 2016 and closed on 31/12/2016.
128.10MHz, 129.30 MHz
- Car parking:
Car parking facility is available at the airport. Respectable passengers can park their vehicles safely
- Drinking Water
Pure drinking water is available for the passengers
- VIP/CIP Lounge:
VIP/CIP Lounges are available for the VIP/CIP Passengers.
- Associating Facility:
Wheel chair facilities are available for the disable persons.
Free Wi-Fi is available for the passenger(s).
Brief History Services Development Schedule
Airport Manager, Barishal.
Phone: +880 2 55061662 (Off)
Cell: +880 1708167315
Fax : +880 2 55061662
email : apmbarisal @caab.gov.bd
AFTN : VGBRYDYX
Control Tower +880 2 55061673
VIP Lounge +880 2 55061623
Biman Bangladesh Airlines:
Biman Bangladesh Airlines:
Mobile- +880 1777775531(Station Manager), Tel: +880 4327 73265
City Office: +880 1777775530, Tel: +880 0431 65221
Cell +880 1777777874 (Station Manager)
Brief History Services Contact Schedule
Recently Completed Development Works:
- Construction of Civil/ E/M Store at Barishal Airport.
- Construction of Fire station building.
- Installation of floor tiles at PTB in/c. other allied works.
- Providing premixed bituminous carpeting works over the runway surface in/c other allied works.
- Providing premixed bituminous carpeting works over the existing taxiway surface in/c. Other related works.
On Going Development Works:
- Construction of security boundary wall from VIP building Ch. 0+00 to 19+00 at west side of runway. (work, 80% complete).
- Construction of security boundary wall from VIP building Ch. 16+00 to 36+50 started from VIP Building at west side of runway. (80% complete).
- Construction of security boundary wall from Power house to New constructed dormitory building. (70% complete).
- Construction of security boundary wall both side of approach road in/c. other allied works. (20% done).
- Construction boundary wall from Power house to Terminal Building in/c. other allied works. (10% done).
- Construction of H-type residential building with other allied works. (Advance work, Pile work done).
- Construction of rest house with other allied works. (20% done).
- Constructions of police barrack with other allied works. (5% done).
- Construction of road from passenger terminal building to newly construction fire station building in/c other allied works. (15% done).
- Earth filling at ditches area of Runway 17 end at newly land acquisition area in/c. other allied works. (60% done).
- Construction of road from residential area to passenger terminal building in/c. other allied works. (15% done).
- Construction of Ablution unit for newly constructed Mosque in/c. other allied works. (60% done).
- Providing premixed bituminous carpeting works over the existing apron surface in/c. Other related works. (Advance work, 70% done).
- Construction of mast light base north side of apron in/c. other allied works. (Advance work, 40% done).
- Renovation of security room at PTB for CIP in/c other allied works. (Advance work, 90% done).
Future Development Works:
To promote Barishal Airport as a commercial Airport Civil Aviation Authority has taken some important decisions and going to implement it within a short time . The following issues are being carried out:-
- Increase the runway length from 6,000 feet to 8,500 feet.
- Establishment of Airfield Ground Lighting System
- ILS, DVOR, DME, PA system etc.
- As per ICAO recommendations land will be acquired.
- Establishment of RESA.
- Provide AGL, Conveyor Belt, New PAPI Light
- Apron extension.
- Establishment of peripheral road, residential area road, police barrack.
* Click the following links for schedule, ticket booking etc.
Disclaimer: CAAB is not liable for any contents of the linked web pages. The linked websites are their own property. CAAB linked the page(s) only to make easy browsing for the general people/users.